Monday, August 15, 2011

camping


We were finally able to go camping this year! The one thing we did different was I got us all packed. Steve had worked the night shift and had to nap, so I was incharge of getting it all packed and in the van. Steve said to think of it like a puzzle, and if the pieces didn't all fit I would have to start over. I have to say for my first time I got it all in. Including the kiddos!

We headed up Spanish Fork Canyon to a new spot. One of the many wonderful things about living in Utah is we are so close to so many great camping spots. This one was just ten minutes from our house, which would come in handy Friday night when the baby wasn't sleeping just crying and I made the executive decision to take her home. After 40 minutes of crying I woke Steve up and said I was taking Kelsey home. He asked why. Have I mentioned he is a sound sleeper?

Kelsey and I both slept better at home (both nights). I don't expect this to be the norm for my camping, but it was sure nice to sleep in my own bed and get a coke from McDonalds on the way back to the campsite.

We had so much fun over the weekend, there were many things we did...



hang out in the hammock...


play in the tent...

have tin foil dinners...
(take chicken, potatoes and carrots, wrap in foil, place on hot coals and cook. super yummy)
eat smores...

roast and catch on fire marshmallows...

play games by lantern...

more hammock time...

have a game of horseshoes...

more hammock time...
(see the stick Ellyn has? that is because we got tired of hearing her yell "come push me!)

hanging out at the site...

collecting rocks down by the creek...
Kelsey loved the rocks. She would pick them up and look at them and then find more to look at.

play at the playground...

make mud pies...


and watch a movie. (?) I think Ellyn was ready to go home.

No comments:

Post a Comment